Alaska Photo Adventure
- Alaska Adventure 2017
July 4, 2017 - July 10, 2017
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join us on a scenic wildlife photography adventure of a lifetime to ALASKA! Our adventure includes private and exclusive access to one of the richest wildlife areas on the planet. Our guides have had the freedom to make our own schedule and maximize the time we spend behind the camera. You will commune within an unspoiled wildlife paradise, and some of the wildlife may actually be visible from your accommodations. We’ll bask in a part of the world which will present our senses with a seemingly unlimited array of photographic opportunities.
About the Adventure:
Katmai National Park covers 6 million square miles of wild and unspoiled Alaskan Wilderness. The month of July offers some of the very best wildlife photography opportunities in the world, including the highest concentrations of coastal brown bears on the planet. Along the backdrop of towering snow covered peaks, lush meadows, rushing rivers, and blazing fire-weed, mothers and cubs forage in the coastal flats while eagles soar overhead, fishing in the sound and feeding their chicks. Immerse yourself in the wilderness and create stunning works of art with us.
This trip is limited to 10 participants.
• Physical Expectations: Moderate. There will be no extended hiking but we will be walking on flat, sometimes muddy, grounds up to a mile or two in certain conditions such as low tide.
• Accommodations: We’ll be living aboard an amazing boat chartered just for us, anchored in a bay off Katmai NP. All state-rooms are double occupancy. Chuck provides excellent food including LOTS of fresh seafood.
• Arrival Information: You will be required to be on Kodiak Island on the morning of the workshop, July 4th, to catch the catch the float plane to Katmai National Park.
• Float Plane from Kodiak Island to Katmai (not included): $595 Round Trip
From LAX to Alaska 7/3/2017
- Alaska 129 Departs LAX 9:50 AM
- Arrives Anchorage (ANC) 2:30 PM
- Alaska 49 Departs ANC 3:30 PM
- Arrives Kodiak (ADQ) 4:30 PM
From Alaska to LAX 7/10/2017
- Alaska 40 Departs Kodiak (ADQ) 5:25pm
- Arrives Anchorage (ANC) 6:19pm
- Alaska 150 Departs ANC 11:40pm
- Arrives LAX 5:50am (7/10)
- Lodging aboard Coastal Explorer
- Meals aboard Coastal Explorer
- Daily Transportation and excursions
- Thigh waders for excursions
- Services and instruction of our guides and staff
- Meals and accommodation before and after tour
- Travel Insurance
- Guide Tips
By purchasing this class, you agree to the terms of the cancellation policy.
Participants will be required to sign a liability release prior to the adventure
Sign up online here or download our flyer and sign up in store or over the phone (310-375-7014)
Robert O’Toole is an award winning, international published photographer and a BBC / Shell Wildlife “Photographer of the Year” competition award winner.