Weston Figure Workshop
- Weston Figure Workshop - SOLD OUT
June 23, 2016 - June 26, 2016
12:00 pm - 10:00 am
- Pre-trip Classroom Session - SOLD OUT
May 16, 2016
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Join Kim Weston (grandson of Edward Weston) and Mark Comon for two days of photographing artistic nudes on Wildcat Hill, the famous Weston estate in Carmel, California. Wildcat locations include forest, garden, house and Kim’s working studio. You will create amazing images using only the natural light that Kim and Edward made so famous. This is not a workshop for every photographer, but if you have ever wanted to learn expressive photography and photograph figures in the “Weston Style” you will love the opportunity. Don’t miss the chance to shoot with a living legend!
Instructor: Mark Comon
How it works
Photographers will work in teams of two or three, so collaboration is paramount! You won’t have to go-it-alone. Our models are true professionals that are helpful and patient, especially with first-timers.
You will have more than enough time to shoot creatively, adjust your exposure and direct the posing. Models and locations will be rotated hourly so you have the opportunity to photograph in a variety of environments.
Participants will learn to work as a team with “camera handling” techniques, control of natural light, working with a model and creating photos with emotional content.
Kim and Mark will provide individualized instruction to help you learn and grow as a photographer.
- Physical Expectation: Easy. Sturdy shoes required
- Recommended Accommodations: Carmel Mission Inn. Please call to make your room reservation at 831-624-1841.
Group: Paul’s Photo for discount.
$149/night Weekday, $189/night Weekend
- Includes Pre-trip classroom session at Paul’s Photo on May 16, 2016. 7-9pm
- The Adventure begins with dinner on the first day and concludes after breakfast on the final day.
- Spouses and guests are prohibited from visiting shooting locations. Spouses are welcome to join us for dinner.
* locations and schedule subject to change to accommodate safety, weather & seasonal conditions *
By purchasing this adventure you agree to the terms of the cancellation policy
Participants will be required to sign a liability release prior to the adventure
Sign up online here or to sign up in store or over the phone (310-375-7014)
View/download our PDF flyer here