Night Photography with Reed Hoffmann
October 26 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm$159
Night Photography with Reed Hoffmann Wednesday
October 26, 2022-October 26, 2022
05:00 pm -07:00 pm
Embrace the night!
Are you ready to add an entirely new dimension to your photography? If so, it’s time to learn how you can make some truly spectacular pictures after dark. From traditional night photography to light painting and then low-level lighting, Reed Hoffmann will show you how to embrace the night. Over the course of these three online classes he’ll share with you much of what he’s learned and taught others. The class comes with working notes (an outline of each session) as well as optional assignments, to help you put into practice what he covers. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced photographer, you’ll find plenty of material to make the class worth your while.
3 Week Class, Starts Wednesday Oct 26th 2022 Online 5PM PT $159
Here are the key areas he’ll cover:
- Camera and lens features that make for better night photography.
- RAW format advantages.
- Tripods, plates, releases: how to get the most out of them.
- Techniques to make sure you get sharp photos at night.
- How to manage exposure, with ISO, shutter speed and aperture, for this very different type of photography.
- How to avoid, or create, star trails.
- Noise, and how to work with it.
- How to judge exposure at night.
- Color, and what role Kelvin temperatures play in it.
- Tips for planning successful night shoots.
- How to deal with special situations.
- What is light painting, what gear do you need, how to do it.
- What is “Low-Level Lighting,” how does it differ from light painting, what tools are necessary and how do you figure exposure.
- Tips for processing photos made at night.
- Plus, self-assignments for those who’d like to practice what we cover