Using Photography to have a Vital Impact with Ami Vitale
May 11, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - May 25, 2022 @ 5:00 pm$59 – $149
Using Photography to have a Vital Impact with Ami Vitale Wednesday
May 11, 2022-May 25, 2022
05:00 pm -05:00 pm
Wednesdays, ONLINE, May 11, 18, & 25, 5 PM
Join National Geographic photographer, filmmaker, writer and, explorer Ami Vitale, as she takes us on an odyssey, sharing powerful stories that drive change and inspire us all to push boundaries and have impact in our daily lives.
In her many roles, Ami has:
- traveled to more than 100 countries,
- lived in mud huts and war zones,
- kept true to her belief in the importance of “living the story”, and
- bore witness to violence and conflict alongside surreal beauty and the enduring power of the human spirit,
Ami will share her work illustrating:
- personal stories about individuals,
- how communities are changing the destiny of the wildlife they coexist with,
- creating a groundswell of support to those communities through her non- profit Vital Impacts.
Ami is an Ambassador for Nikon and a photographer with National Geographic magazine. She has documented wildlife and poaching in Africa, covered human-wildlife conflict, concentrated efforts on saving the northern white rhino and reintroducing pandas to the wild. She is a six-time recipient of World Press Photos and published a best-selling book, Panda Love, on the secret lives of pandas. She lectures for the NatGeo LIVEseries, and frequently gives workshops around the world.